Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Paint ALL the Models

Not a bad result for a day spent painting.
Let's be honest from the start: the subject line is a bit of an exaggeration.  But only a bit. 

I've been tiptoeing around painting my Axis for a while, spending plenty of time considering my approach, working on a test model here and there, but by no means making use of the time saving techniques I've theoretically been honing.  Today that finally changed.  After a bit of inspired late night gluing in Friday's wee hours I jumped in with both feet, slathering paint on anything within reach.  That tally is as such:

  • Kommandotrupp with optional radioman
  • Snipers
  • Battle Grenadiers with extra Panzershreck
  • Sturmpionere with optional radioman
  • Two squads of zombies, still in progress
  • Some dabbling with the test Hans (not pictured)
With the newly painted soldier 2 units it should be less of a struggle to figure out what models go in which squad (or how many Panzerfausts go in each squad).  I'll also be able to field at least some painted models, which will be a nice change of pace.  I've been spoiled by my past Journeyman efforts that let me take most any Legion model I have assembled while fielding only painted models.  The good news is that painting went about as quick as expected, so once I clear the final remaining hurdle of how to tackle the soldier 3 units then things should wrap up in short order.  The walkers will need a little extra attention, but they'd get that anyway since they're so big.  Now I just have to hope that the weather on Monday allows for varnishing.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good so far. Think you are going to have 300 AP painted for next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping it would work out, but alas the weather has had other ideas. I'll come closer than I'd thought possible, but it won't quite work out.

      Delete