Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

More Deathwing

I'm baby stepping, I'm doing the work.
Got a bit more painting in today.  Didn't have a whole lot of time so I didn't get much done, but despite that I crossed off my least favorite part of painting any model: re-establishing a base coat.  It's a vital step, especially on something that will end up a bright/light color, but it's a special kind of depressing to paint the same color on (most of) the same places that you already covered before washing.  With a base coat you can at least go fast and loose, splashing paint around with little care other than getting an even coat.  Post-wash it's all about leaving those little bits of wash showing in the crevices, while still trying to get that even coat.  I could probably save myself a lot of hassle by just washing the recessed areas instead of the whole model, but where's the fun in that?  It's all behind me now, at least for this one test model, so next time I can move on to applying the actual base (mid? true?) color (Bleached Bone, or its VGC equivalent) and see if the transition from Khaki to Bleached Bone works as well in reality as it does in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment