|Real life Widowmakers.|
- UPS tells me the Deluge will arrive on Wednesday, which is the same day the two player starter box is set to release. Said box is part of my order. Half props to the Warstore for bringing the war to my door the day it's released. The other half of the props will be issued when the package actually arrives.
- I'm torn on where to start when the flood hits. Men-o-War have been calling to me since I first looked into Warmachine, so finally having them in my hands will be the culmination of roughly 18 months of yearning. But recently Black Ivan has been proving his worth and I'd love to stop proxying him as soon as possible. Assembling a jack would be a new experience, as would painting one to completion. Choices, I am awash in them.
|I'm skeptical. Bear cav is pretty fearsome.|
- If the weather ever breaks I'll be varnishing up Orsus so he can take the field while properly screened behind medium based infantry. I've looked at the numbers on Iron Fleshed Shocktroopers. They make me happy in the pants.
- If I were the kind of person that cosplays, I'd probably do the Butcher. It'd pain me to shave properly instead of half-assing it with my beard trimmer, but some sacrifices must be made.
- In non-PP news, I might know someone who might work at a place where people might come in to buy things. One of those people might work at a local store of a company that may (or may not) produce games that rhyme with Goreslammer, Goreslammer Wartyhousesand, and Fjord of the Frings. When describing a game that could rhyme with Breadmeat, this person may have said something along the lines of "That game is going to break my balls." With a price tag in excess of $114 I can see how that might fracture the testicles of the workers who may labor under sales quotas. Or so I hear.
- I do rather like the sea mat that comes with the box, but I already made one for myself (plus I have one that EV made as well) and the price tag was well under $114 dollars. The models are nice enough, but you don't get many of them for your dollars. I guess a two week blitz on your company blog pimping your brand new, limited-time-only game doesn't pay for itself.
|I have no idea what's going on here.|
- Gears of War 3 came out this week. The first few forays into multiplayer were a rude reawakening. After feeling pretty good about my skills in Space Marine, getting killed within ~15 seconds of spawning every single time was like returning to the house where you grew up with an abusive "Uncle." The latest installment of Gears will be a good litmus test of how much NGF has been
corrupted indoctrinatedmade curious about 40k.
- Speaking of Space Marine, the Lascannon has a double zoom. Using that double zoom made my appreciation of the weapon go from "It's nice" to "Replace the Heavy Bolter in my default Devastator loadout."