|Look at that!|
- It's a Warmachine starter box, which "CONTAINS EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR A TWO-PLAYER GAME" (blame PP for the caps). This is a departure from the a la carte approach they've been taking for years.
- The two factions are Khador and Cygnar. No wait, Protectorate and Cygnar. What? Khador and Protectorate? Really? While my grasp on Warmachine fluff is not like iron, I'm fairly sure everyone hates the swans. Especially Khador and Protectorate, who seem to only passionately dislike each other. The chart from the PP Insider a few days back supports me here. What gives with the match up?
- $100 for a starter box? That price point is familiar. Looks like PP is pressing their PR advantage in the wake of the annual GW price hikes. There was also something about screwing Oceania, but PP hasn't taken a direct shot there that I know of. Yet.
- This is a really good deal, even by starter box standards. Rule book, two battleboxes, gaming paraphenalia, all for $100. What the models look like remains to be seen, but I'm willing to bet they're the same plastic battlebox models on shelves now.
- You get some infantry too. Cinerators for Protectorate and...what? Plastic Men-O-War? Is it April already? Surely this is some sort of cruel joke.
- Why is there no internet coverage of this at the usual places?