Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The honeymoon is over

I had been all set to write a post about the joys of a new brush, how there's no job it can't do, how you feel like you can conquer the world with it in your hand.  That was before I finished up the heavy cruisers this morning.  On my second application of new brush to model, it's already started hooking.  I'm fighting the urge to trim the hook off, as that apparently leads to splitting, which is even worse.  While this day comes for all brushes sooner or later, I thought I'd have at least a couple weeks of bliss instead of a bare two days.

In better news, as mentioned the heavies are done.  I think I may have gone overboard with the white accents, but I'll wait and see how they look next to my other ships before I start wringing my hands in earnest.  The trick now is to find a suitable bit of weather so I can get some varnish on them.  The next naval clash is set for roughly 11 am tomorrow.  Forecasts for the time between now and then have 70%+ humidity until 10 am.  I'm torn between putting a coat of gloss on tonight after class and potentially stinking the whole house up and waiting until tomorrow before varnishing and hoping they're dry by the time I head out for combat.  Pictures to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment