Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Journeyman Painting Log # 17

Coming to single wound infantry in your backfield soon. 
Today, and this past weekend, were nice and productive.  First, I finished off the lingering Deathstalker.  While you can't tell so much from the picture, the model ended up a bit darker (or at least browner) than anticipated.  This isn't a bad thing as Striders are all stealthy, ambush-through-the-woods types, so being covered in dark leather makes plenty of sense.  It's a bit outside my scheme, but when I get to the Striders that won't be as much of an issue. 

Speaking of Striders, there's a segue to the rest of my productivity.  I have begun, and in some cases finished, assembling the following:
  • Annyssa Ryvaal
  • The Blackfrost Shard
  • Striders
  • Succubus
  • Swamp Gobbers
  • Nephilim Bolt Thrower
  • Angelius
Some of these items have appeared previously.  In particular the Striders still need arms, while the Succubus needs...love? work? a miracle?  Hopefully the model grows on me, but I have my doubts.  It looks to be super smexy on the table though, so I'll power through the model itself.  Maybe a paper bag?  In the meantime I'll be hoping for a break in the humidity so I can seal the Deathstalker and prime the swathe of new stuff on deck.  As for painting, maybe some Shredders?

No comments:

Post a Comment