Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Adventures in time delay posting

I'm sitting here writing approximately 3 hours before this post should appear.  I'll be trying out a 5th edition list for the first time today, having shoe-horned in a 3rd edition style list the last time, and I think EV will be trying out his new Deathwing army for the first time as well.  It should be a good learning experience for us both.  The (shortened)  list I'll be running is:

JP Libby w/ Blood Lance and Shield of Sanguinius
Sanguinary Guard w/ 2 fists, infernus pistol, plasma pistol, and chapter banner
3 Sanguinary Priests, 2 w/ JP and power weapon
3 * 10 Assault w/ 2 melta guns and power fist
2 * 10 Devastators w/ 4 missile launchers

I'm going to combat squad the devs so I can split fire if necessary, though I don't expect the missiles to be too effective against Land Raiders and Terminators.  The jumpers I plan to run as a brick in a formation something like:

                                     P A A A A A A A A A A

A A A A A A A A A A        L G G G G G P      A A A A A A A A A A

Obviously trying to cover everyone with the priests and using the SG as a counter-punch/second wave unit.  I'm hoping to pop the Land Raiders on the way in, then send in a RAS to tie up the termies, then use the SG to mop up.  We'll see how it works out.  The third priest will be back with the devs to give them FNP, which combined with the cover I hope to place them in should make them a tough nut to crack.

From EV I expect 4-5 squads and a pair of Land Raiders.  While he shouldn't have too many bodies, they will all be resilient, so I need to focus my assaults on a small front to maximize the force I apply.  Hopefully it's a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment