Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Interlude Without Ludes

In lieu of a picture, I offer listening music: Interlude With Ludes by Them Crooked Vultures.  The band features Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Foo Fighters), and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin).  They rock.
 


Today was a TCB day where I took care of some things I've been meaning to do for a while.  I gave EV a call to set up a head dropoff, only to learn that he already has it settled.  I also hit the FLGS to use my coupon.  They didn't have exactly what I wanted, but they had plenty of stuff that I did.  I ended up with some bases and one each of Sanguinary Guard, Death Company, Assault Marines, and Command Squad.  This meant some slight alterations to the list I plan to use, but nothing that I hadn't already considered.

While tweaking my list and figuring out exactly what I'll be building, I've had to fight the urge to gear especially to fight Terminators.  Knowing that EV will be fielding Deathwing I've been considering swapping out some melta for plasma, which would be more effective.  I don't want to tailor my list like that though, so I'm trying to stick to a general list.  As such, my to-do list looks like this:

5 Sanguinary Guard - box
8 jump pack assault marines w/power fist sergeant - box
5 jump pack meltagunners - box
Jump Pack Sanguinary Priest - box
various arms/backpacks/bits reattached

I want to start doing better bases, but I also want to get these guys together and primed (at least) by Tuesday or so.  That means real forays into basing will probably have to wait until the Honor Guard, but I'm ok with that.  I have grand plans for the Honor Guard, so I'll be glad to take my time on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment