Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yet more priming

Looks like the outside conditions are fairly easy to overcome, since I've now primed in cold and humidity with little problem.  The key seems to be where the minis dry, and with the trusty bathroom fan at my side drying is reliable.  Having secured a can of black primer, I got the Sanguinary Guard primed this morning.

Caption goes here.

I'm on the lookout for better methods of painting gold as I've never tried to do a whole model in gold before and my current method is not as good as I think it could be.  So now the easy "painting" is complete, for the most part, and it's on the the actual brush-on-model stuff.  I'll get some testing in today on the AoBR marine, and hopefully some work in on the assault squad as well.  I also hope to build the other meltagunners and Sanguinary Priest so I can get them primed tomorrow and ready for Friday, which is looking like game day at this point.  To-do list:

5 Sanguinary Guard - primed
Full assault squad - primed
3 jump pack meltagunners - box (one torso assembled)
Jump Pack Sanguinary Priest - box
various arms/backpacks/bits -box

1 comment:

  1. When painting gold I usually start with a heavy brushing of Tin Bits followed by a lighter brushing of Brazen Brass, The final step is Shining Gold (a slightly lighter brushing than the last step). If you really want to go all out you can hit all the points with Mithril Silver. I'll show you an example on one of my Anima Tactics minis the next time you're over.

    ReplyDelete