|New technique, new thumbnail size.|
|Same old setup, new application.|
The other wrench is that the assault squad is still not finished. The marines are all done except for that bottom strip of black on the base, which can be done at any time, and the transfers, which are waiting on the Warstore order. That means that I got the armor highlights done yesterday, and the bases as well. I got a start on the jump packs, as you can see, and had a mixed bag in this first attempt. I wanted to have something to hold onto while painting, so I stuck some paperclips in the hollow where the pack attaches to the body. This worked great, as the pictures show, and served well as something to hold while painting. I started with a single jump pack so I could figure out what colors went where and how to approach the thing. A test pack, if you will.
|The test pack, in progress.|
|Almost tastes like victory.|
Since I nearly lost this post to an ill-timed click of a mouse thumb button, I'll wrap it up. I hope to varnish the almost finished marine tomorrow, and thereby claim a finished marine. The rest of the jump packs should go a little quicker now that I have an idea of what to do with them. While time is growing shorter every day, I still think I can manage to finish on time. It will probably require some extra painting hours at night and similar schedule sacrifices, but if it looks plausible I'm going to give it a shot. Hopefully my order comes in sooner than later.