|No model pictures = look at the bacon.|
- The Demo Corps are fully assembled and on their way to being based. I worked up a big ball of greenstuff to attach the shoulders and then fill the gaps in the bases before ballasting. Shoulders are attached, but I forgot about the bases. Hope to get that rectified tonight, along with the unpainted pVlad that's been hanging around for far too long.
- On the ballast front, I managed to knock over my tiny container last night, so today I got a new bag. Considering how long the tiny bit I got 2+ years ago from EV lasted, the monstrous bag I got today should be enough to last approximately twice as long as I live.
- Since I'm almost out of black primer, I got some more while I was getting ballast. Quite the little shopping trip today.
- Back to greenstuff, I applied it to Typhon and the Raek last night to prepare them for priming.
- Things primed this morning: Typhon, Raek, Yuri the Axe. The first two will require another coat to get the undersides primed. Yuri could use the same treatment, but can survive without it.
- I decided my test Shredders are probably never going to get stripped and repainted, so I painted their bases white and laid down the first coat of gloss varnish. The recently painted Carnivean also go the white base treatment. On the schedule for tonight: applying snow to those three models.
- The Shepherds got a little more love as well, the re-highlighting on the robes while also roughing in the purple and filling in the oranges. I'm not sold on the scheme so I'm giving it some time for reflection.
- I'm also chipping away at an old-fashioned battle report, complete with bears and pictures and all the usual stuff.
Thinking of splitting time between Legion and Khador modelling projects, I find myself stuck between the two factions. With the frenzy of the Gnarls league behind me, I now have the opportunity to paint up all those Legion pieces I wanted to paint during the league (Seraph!) but couldn't bear to take off the table. At the same time, I'm getting into the meaty part of painting Khador stuff where I have enough done to field fully painted lists, so I can paint up a particular unit or jack to expand what I have available for a fully painted list instead of having to paint everything except a particular beast that's already done, as is the case with Legion. The current plan is to split time between them. How well that works out remains to be seen...