Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Typhon WIP #1

So much armor to paint...
Work is at last underway for this month's Paint the Target victim model, yonder Typhon, who will fulfill the "uses an aoe or spray template" requirement (as much as three times per turn).  The skin was done in one session and was as enjoyable as the Carnivean was.  For today I hope to get the mouths done, purple lining on the plates, a base coat on the upper plates, and finish things up with a wash (again on the plates).  This is very ambitious since the upper plates took approximately forever to do on the Carnivean, but it's not entirely crazy.  At the very least I want to get the mouths and purples done, which is well within my grasp.

In non-painting news, I accomplished much yesterday.  The morning saw a less-than-triumphant return to 40k.  I didn't bring my usual camera but did get a couple shots with the phone that I may take a new approach with, but there wasn't a whole lot going on in the game (plus I got my butt kicked all the way back to Baal) so that may or may not happen.  In happier news I finally based pVlad and the magnetized Marauder, both of which are ready for primer.  The Carnivean and test finished Shredders got snowy bases which didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.  Just snow is a bit boring, so I'll be looking to add some rocks or something to break up all the white.  As if all that wasn't enough, I also assembled Zerkova, Saxon Orrik (who should have had his hand pinned as it's just going to fall right off but since he's firmly attached to a base it's too late to sink a pin into the wrist), and eLylyth (who did have her bow hand pinned in my finest display of pinning yet).  While the pile of unassembled (how is that not a word?) models is still vast I've been taking chunks out of it recently and, more importantly, not adding to the stack.  With any luck I'll be finished assembling some time before the world ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment